Billy Decker is one of Nashville’s top country mix engineers and has worked with a large list of labels and independent artists. But more than just mixing, Billy has built a very lucrative business by being one of the most kind, generous and passionate people that you will ever meet.
Click the play button below in order to listen to this episode:
In this interview you’ll learn:
- All about Billy’s first ever paid project.
- How his persistence landed him a job at a big studio.
- Where Billy learned his customer care skills and why he feels like it’s one of the most important skills to have.
- How he got the jump on all his competitors by switching to 100% in the box.
- Why Billy feels that being a lifetime student is one of the key ingredients to his success
- The story behind Billy’s infamous rejection letter that is framed on his studio wall.
“People hire someone for two reasons; they like them and they’re the last person they thought of” – Billy Decker
“No matter how big you think you are, answer your phone calls.” – Billy decker
Chris Graham – www.chrisgrahammastering.com
456 Recordings – www.456recordings.com
From Shit To Gold – https://fromshittogold.com/join/
Unstoppable Recording Machine – https://urm.academy/
Mix Magazine – https://www.facebook.com/MixMagazine/